IsarMUN cannot guarantee the correctness of the following information nor that a visa application will be successfull. Please consult the website of you closest ambassy/ consulat in any case.
If you are not citizen of the European Union or one of the countries with special visa agreements (1) you will have to apply for a visa in order to attend IsarMUN. Due to the Schengen convention, you can visit Germany with a visa from/ for any Schengen country (2). A tourist visa will suffice for attending the conference. You can apply for one at any ambassy or consulat of the Schengen Area (2).
Visa application procedure
1. Personal Appointment
- You can usually schedule an appointment online.
- Expect up to 1 month waiting time for the next free appointment, depending on your location.
- Check on your ambassy’s website what to bring to the appointment.
2. Visa fee: +/- 60€
3. Visa process duration: approx. 2-3 weeks
The Visa Code standarizes the most important requirements, namely:
1. The purpose of the trip must be plausible, that is to say, must be possible to explain comprehensibly what is planned in the Schengen area (tourism, business meetings, friends/ relatives, etc.).
IsarMUN can provide a simple invitation letter in order to prove your purpose of stay.
2. The funding must be secured, either because the applicants can afford to travel on their own, or because they are invited by a financially strong person in the federal territory. This invitation will the be made in the form of a letter or commitment.
Please be aware, IsarMUN can NOT provide such a financial commitment/ letter.
3. In addition, the applicants must provide travel insurance with a minimum cover of 30,000 € for the entire Schengen area and for the entire length of the stay.
4. Finally, readiness to return must be present, ie. the readiness of visa holders to leave the Schengen area before the expiry date of the visa.
(1) Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Canada, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, San Marino, Switzerland, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Saint Kitts and Nevis, South Korea, Taiwan, Uruguay, Vatican City, Venezuela, United States (incl. Puerto Rico).
(2) Germany, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary